Monday, June 1, 2009

AT LAST!

Kristin and I have agonizingly tried a variety of methods to get Skylar to laugh. She has been on the verge for a week or so, but wouldn't cross over and just let that giggle out (kind of shy like mom I guess). Finally, I came through in a big way on Sunday afternoon. I was playing with her in my lap and having her touch her own toes, when I finally had her rub the bottom of her foot with her fingers and the desired response was evoked. The rest is history. Thankfully Kristin was able to quickly film this experience so we now actually have her first laugh on video. Hope you enjoy hearing the long awaited laugh as much as I did (you'll notice weirdly giddy dad in the video).

3 comments:

  1. Dan and Kristin,
    She is ADORABLE. The laughs are the best and Dan, I know why you are laughing so hard. I don't know if hearing Mia laugh will ever get old. It makes up for all the night wakings, fussy times and more. Looking forward to getting the two girls together soon:-)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!! I laughed and I cried and laughed some more! What a treasure this video is! She is SOOOO stinkin' cute! I can't wait to see and hold her! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Dan I think I smiled harder at your laugh than Skylar's! You are a totally mush now aren't you? :)

    ReplyDelete